The grounds are open year-round, but access to the buildings is limited. Call (518) 834-9328 for tour information.
Over 45 buildings make up the entire complex, which encompasses 12,900 acres. Few other Adirondack Great Camps feature as many buildings and property, and offer such outstanding examples of rustic architecture. Visitors to the main lodge on Newcomb Lake must hike, ski, or ride 5 miles through the woods from the Gate Lodge parking area. Motorized vehicles are not allowed.
Interpreters are on-site daily in July and August. Guided tours are offered once a month, June through October.
The main lodge was constructed from 1,500 native spruce trees in 1893. Other buildings include a boathouse, lakeside studio, gatehouse, and a farm that supplied the camp with milk, meat, and eggs. There are no furnishings; the architecture is the highlight. The setting is gorgeous and a little bit eerie. The state's largest manhunt was conducted here in the early 1970s, when the camp owner's grandson disappeared in the woods and was never found.